Benefits of Reflexology23/02/2015
Benefits of Reflexology
- Helps reduce stress levels
- Promotes deep relaxation
- Brings balance to the body
- Cleanses the body of toxins and impurities
- Encourages self healing and balances body & mind
- A safe and gentle therapy suitable for all ages
- May help relieve symptoms of headaches, hormonal imbalances, digestive problems, sleep disorders and other more common conditions.
- Can be used safely during pregnancy – after the first 3 months Always advise your GP or midwife before commencing treatments.
- Reflexology is NOT an alternative to seeking medical advice.
What is Reflexology …
Reflexology is a natural holistic therapy activating and supporting the healing powers of the body. The concept of using the body’s reflexes for therapeutic purposes is not new. Ancient texts and illustrations show that the origins of this popular therapy date back thousands of years to the early Chinese and Japanese civilisations who used acupressure techniques on the feet to promote good health. These original techniques have been adapted and developed into the modern therapy we call reflexology today.
What joins the ancient and modern is the long established principle that there are energy zones running through the body and reflex areas in the feet that correspond to all the major organs, glands and body parts. The modern method used today is based largely on the work of Dr William Fitzgerald and Eunice Ingham. Fitzgerald found the body could be divided into ten zones running from the top of the head to the tips of the toes and everything within the zones could affect organs and other parts of the body in that zone. In the 1930’s Ingham refined this theory and developed a more intricate zone system and a technique using thumbs on the feet.
Karen Webster IHBC ITEC dip