Patient Information and Consent Form
Risk of Coronavirus (COVID-19) Transmission at Complete Chiropractic
The Government published a Statutory Instrument on 26th March 2020, no. 350 ‘The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020’ confirming that it is lawful for a chiropractic practice to remain open. It further defines those people who are recognised as vulnerable for the purposes of document.
Complete Chiropractic has conducted a thorough risk assessment to ensure adequate levels of safety at this office are implemented and maintained. We are following the most up-to-date Government and Public Health England guidance and put in place stringent patient triage, hygiene, sanitation and infection control protocols to protect our patients and staff/ team members (delete as necessary). Despite these precautions, there is a risk of transmission of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and it is important that you understand the risk. We have provided the information below to help you decide if you wish to continue with your care at Complete Chiropractic and remind you that you are under no obligation to do so.
Precautions that Complete Chiropractic has in place:
- All patients contacting us for an appointment are triaged over the telephone or via email to establish whether symptoms are present, if they are self-isolating, if anyone in their household has symptoms or is self-isolating, or they have been in contact with anyone with COVID-19 symptoms.
- We enforce a strict policy that anyone with any COVID-19 symptoms, or has a member of their household displaying signs, must stay away from the office.
- A second triage is conducted at the Office, including a temperature check.
- A strict cleaning, sanitation and infection control protocol is adhered to – Please ask if you would like to see this document.
- All team members at Complete Chiropractic adhere to the social distancing guidance issued by the Government.
- The layout of the practice has been adapted to maintain social distancing.
- Patients waiting are restricted to one at any time and a 2-metre distance will be enforced between patients and non-office team members.
- Chiropractors and Office Staff will be wearing full Personal Protective Equipment for your protection.
Complete Chiropractic is committed to ensuring that every measure is in place to minimise the risk of exposure to COVID-19, we cannot guarantee there is no risk to you as a result of attending the office.
Eligibility for Care
In addition to those with COVID-19 symptoms, self-isolating, living with someone with symptoms/ self-isolating, or have been in contact with anyone with or suspected to have COVID-19, as directed by our national association we are currently not accepting patients from the vulnerable “at risk” groups. This includes all who are:
– Over 70
– And those with a long-term health condition/ underlying medical conditions as listed below:
• Chronic (long-term) respiratory diseases, such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, emphysema or bronchitis.
• Chronic heart disease, such as heart failure.
• Chronic kidney disease.
• Chronic liver disease, such as hepatitis.
• Chronic neurological conditions, such as Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis, a learning disability or cerebral palsy.
• Problems with the spleen, such as sickle cell disease or removal of the spleen.
• A weakened immune system as the result of conditions such as HIV and AIDS, or medicines such as steroid tablets or chemotherapy.
• Being seriously overweight, with a body mass index of 40 or above.